We work with both developers delivering shell and core and Cat A schemes and with occupiers’ carrying-out Cat A and Cat B fit-outs. Having perspective from both sides has enabled us to hone our services in providing fit-out related services. We understand the issues and aspirations for all parties and therefore our aim is to manage often-competing priorities.
- Do you have the mechanisms in place to support the transition from base build completion to occupation?
- Have you considered how the building will be fitted out by tenants?
- How will the commissioning of building services be managed to ensure the landlord’s systems are not compromised by the works undertaken by occupiers’ contractors?
- Who will coordinate the delivery of documents to satisfy the license to alter obligations?
We can help you by:
Ensuring a smooth transition between the construction and occupation phases by meticulous planning and implementation of tried and tested processes and methodologies. We work collaboratively with the base build team, facilities team, managing agents and tenants and their representatives/contractors, challenging assumptions/actions where appropriate to minimise risk.
From the project outset, we work with you to understand the building management and operational strategy to establish the requirements for a ‘soft landing’ for prospective occupiers.
Before completion, we will clarify the handover strategy, assist in coordinating end-user training to ensure the occupiers team are conversant with the building’s systems and that the facilities management team have all the necessary documentation and tools to run the building smoothly and plan maintenance as required.
Our services for landlords include:
- Review and input into lease clauses concerning matters relating to a tenant’s fit-out
- Preparation of tenant fit-out guides
- Managing the approval of tenant’s fit-out design information
- Collating the design information to complete the license to alter documentation.
- Implementation and management of enabling works packages to support your building when in fit-out mode
- Are you looking for new office accomodation?
- Do you need to sub-let or reduce your office space?
- Are you aware of how the process for fit out works?
- Do you understand your lease and your obligations as a tenant?
- Do you have expertise to support you with the license to alter process?
- Are you aware of procurement and contactual routes available to appoint a contactor to carry-out your fit-out works?
We can help you by:
Removing the complexities and managing the risks associated with the fit-out phase of the property process. There can be lots of variables to navigate due to the type and complexity of building, interested parties and complying with defined lease terms and landlord fit-out rules. In everything we do, your best interests are at the centre of our advice.
Our services for occupiers include:
- Carrying-out feasibility studies to assess a fit-out opportunity or the viability of making changes in your existing accommodation
- Managing compliance with landlord rules and lease obligations when undertaking your fit-out
- Acting as your representative and managing the interface with the landlord and their professional team
- Acting as project manager and contractor administrator and delivering your fit-out from inception to completion through the design and construction phases; working with our trusted partners or your preferred team.
Accompanying you on building tours to help inform your office selection process.